So it’s one of those days when you’ve just agreed to a last minute night out but don’t want to fork out for next day delivery. Can you really find all you need to kill it tonight at your local shopping centre? Absolutely! I headed off to Mk1 Shopping Park in Milton Keynes this week to come up with two smashing outfits for the festive season. Here are my Autumn Winter tips for amazing high street finds!
I would try to head to a centre or retail park like MK1 that has some of the more popular stores such as River Island, Next, Outfit, Marks & Spencer, Primark and New Look. This way you’ve pretty much got everything within easy reach and can pop in and out of shops and compare before you buy. Remember, you can always find something online and call ahead to the store to check availability. Saves on delivery charges as well as time.
Autumn Winter Top Trends
- Velvet As if you didn’t already know!
- Dark Florals An amazing way to keep a bit of colour in your winter wardrobe
- Faux Fur Grab yourself a short fur jacket and wear with trainers
- Athleisure IVY Park is where it’s at, hit up Outfit at MK1 shopping park
- Puffa Jackets Yep, we are officially reliving the 90’s
- Statement Ankle Boots I’m talking metallics, embroidery & embellishment!
- Military Jackets Not the long woolen kind, short jackets are way more on trend!
Get one of the in store stylists to help you out. Most stores now have a pre bookable service but if not there are plenty of fashion forward shop assistants on hand to help you stay on trend and put together that special outfit you’re looking for.
During winter a really great tip to looking uber stylish is layering. This works well when you’re on a budget as you can pick a few really simple pieces that don’t cost much. Put them all together and your look is taken to the next level. Try to mix colours but stay on the same colour palette i.e. pastels, brights etc. Remember black and denim pretty much go with anything so that makes it even easier, especially in winter!
So, who fancies winning the look featured in this post? Just like and share this post on Facebook by clicking through on the image below!
Head over to the MK1 Shopping Park website for more info.
So what do you love about a shopping trip?